Do you ever wonder what the “church” — the body of Christ — will look like in 10 years? Twenty years? Longer? Curious about how church leaders see the future? Will worship be different? Will how we “do church” be similar or turned on its ear? Will there be a new wave or methodology that will take the world by storm like church planting and multisite has done the past five to 10 years?
There is a group in Phoenix that is very curious about this and has started a video project called, uniquely enough, “Future Of The Church.” Led by Steven Siwek, this team is passionate about interviewing church leaders and people directly involved with the future of the church from a wide range of perspectives.
- Multisite and church planting tools
- What if the story is never told?
- 9 diseases of the church facility
There video interviews include such people as:
- Jim Tomberlin (Multisite guru and co-author of Church Locality)
- Tommy Barnett (Founder of the Los Angeles Dream Center)
- Luke Barnett (Senior Pastor of Phoenix First)
- Larry Osborne (Founder and Senior Pastor of North Coast Church in Vista, CA)
- Jamie Rasmussen ( Lead pastor of Scottsdale Bible Church in Scottsdale, AZ)
- Tyler Reagin (Executive Director of Catalyst Conference)
- Thom Schultz (Founder and president of Group Publishing)
- Gene Appel (Senior Pastor of Eastside Christian Church in Anaheim, CA)
- Holly Wagner and Phillip Wagner (Co-Pastors of Oasis LA)
- Travis Hearn (Senior Pastor of Impact Church in Scottsdale, AZ)
- Troy Maxwell (Co-Pastor of Freedom House Church, Charlotte, NC)
- Jonathan Martin (speaker, author and pastor)
That is an incredible list, and I am extremely humbled to have been asked to also provide an interview. Here is the interview that was just recently released with my opinions on the future of the church related to (you guessed it) facilities / tools.
I hope you enjoy this 19-minute interview as I have been able to share some deep passions and convictions. For all of their interviews, go to FUTURE OF THE CHURCH on Vimeo.
Tim Cool is project executive at Visioneering Studios in Charlotte, NC, and founder of Cool Solutions Group. Since 1986, Cool has served the church community in the areas of construction, facility planning and facility management. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. This blog originally appeared on his blog, “Cool Conversations Live.”